It’s almost Back to School time! We hope you are enjoying your last few days of summer vacation. Here are some things to look forward to:
Volunteers Needed for Back to School Folder Stuffing
Join the PTA on August 29 from 4-6 PM in the all-purpose room to stuff take home folders for all Twinbrook students. SSL hours are available for students in 6th – 12th grade. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Welcome Back Staff Breakfast
The PTA will be sponsoring a welcome back breakfast for Twinbrook staff on August 30 from 8-9:30 AM. Food donations and volunteers are welcome. Please sign up at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0449aaa728a0fc1-welcome. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Twinbrook PTA table at the Open House on August 30 from 1:30-3 PM, then grab a PTA treat and join our “after party” on the playground to mix and mingle with other families.
We will also have current Twinbrook Spirit Wear for sale!
Free Parent Encouragement Program (PEP) Webinar
Join PEP on August 30 from 8-9 PM for a free webinar on the Art of Discipline in the Age of Screens. This webinar will be an eye-opening conversation with two of the most buzzed-about parenting authors of 2018, together for a one-hour discussion of the nitty-gritty of parenting kids in their online and real lives. This one-time webinar is offered free of charge; registration includes handouts from the authors. Fore more information and to sign up, visit: http://pepparent.org/online/
Fall Picture Day
Bring your brightest smiles for Fall Picture Day on September 12!
Back to School Night
Back to School night is scheduled for September 12 from 6-8 PM. Come out and meet your child’s teacher and find out about all of the wonderful things your child will learn this school year.
Save the date for our first restaurant night of the year: September 26 from 4-10 PMat Villa Maya! Flyers will be sent home with students during the first weeks of school and will be posted on our website at: https://twinbrookpta.org/fundraisers/.
As a reminder, anyone who wishes to volunteer for the school or the PTA, must have completed the MCPS Child Abuse and Neglect training. There are 2 components to the training, an online portion at: http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/childabuseandneglect/reportingchildabuse/story_html5.html that you can do at home and in-person portion that will be presented by Mrs. Fahri and Mrs. Abarca. Volunteer training will be scheduled once school starts.
If you have previously done the online portion, you will not need to renew until 2020. Dates for the in-person portion will be scheduled soon.
You can find the policy and training information here: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/childabuseandneglect/#Volunteer
Join the PTA
The number one reason to join the Twinbrook PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school.
- Tap into a Network: PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with the PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: The PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Click here to sign up today: https://twinbrookpta.org/join-the-pta/
¡Ya casi es hora de volver a la escuela! Esperamos que estés disfrutando tus últimos días de vacaciones de verano. Aquí hay algunas cosas que esperar:
Relleno de la carpeta de regreso a la escuela
Únase a la PTA el 29 de agosto de 4 a 6 PM en la sala de usos múltiples para llevar carpetas a todos los estudiantes de Twinbrook. Las horas de SSL están disponibles para los estudiantes de 6 ° – 12 ° grado. Si tiene alguna pregunta, comuníquese con email@example.com.
¡Bienvenido! Desayuno para el personal