|Book Fair Volunteers Needed
We desperately need volunteers to ensure our book fair is a success. If we don’t have enough volunteers we will not be able to stay open all week. Please sign up to volunteer at: https://volunteer.scholastic.com/#/signup/HxR5X4EpW.
As a reminder, anyone who wishes to volunteer for the school or the PTA, must have completed the MCPS Child Abuse and Neglect training. This lasts for three years and you will need to print a certificate after the last module that demonstrates that you have completed the full training. The address is https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/childabuseandneglect/
If volunteer training was taken in:
2016-2017 renew in 2020-2021
2017-2018 renew in 2020-2021
2018-2019 renew in 2021-2022
Next you will need to watch the Twinbrook Parent Volunteer PowerPoint online. Please use this link: Twinbrook Volunteer Training Power Point 2019-2020
You will need to sign a parent volunteer form and send it in with your child or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Special Education Advisory Committee
Next Meeting: February 27, 7pm-9pm
Carver Educational Services Center, Auditorium
850 Hungerford Dr (North Entrance), Rockville
Public is welcome – Child care available during the meetings
Connect with other parents/guardians of students with special needs
Dialogue with special education administrators
– Overview of the Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program and Accomodations
– FY 2021 Special Education Budget
For more information, visit www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/special-education/seac/
Future Meeting Dates: March 26, April 23, May 28
Join us for the next PTA meeting on March 4th at 7pm in the Media Center. Everyone is welcome! Free child care will be provided by the City of Rockville.
Transition Services in Middle and High School
Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 7-8:30 pm
The Arc Montgomery County
7362 Calhoun Place, Rockville, MD 20855
Learn about Transition Services and how they are delivered in MCPS
Learn about options after leaving high school
Learn about curriculum areas covered in high school
Registration is required; online registration opens one month prior to each meeting. No childcare provided.
MCPS Parent Academy
MCPS Parent Academy has many workshops for parents. Child care (for children ages 4-12) and interpretation services are provided upon request. For workshop descriptions and registration information, visit www.mcpsparentacademy.org or call the Division of Student, Family, and School Services at 240-740-4620.
Prekindergarten/Head Start Registration
Parents who want to register their child for an MCPS prekindergarten or Head Start class for the 2020-2021 school year can do so starting Monday, March 2. Children must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2020, and families must be income-eligible to apply.
For more information about eligibility guidelines, location and times of community registrations or required documents to complete an application, call 240-740-4530 or visit the MCPS website.
Join the PTA
The number one reason to join the Twinbrook PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school.
- Tap into a Network: PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with the PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: The PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Click here to sign up today: https://twinbrookpta.org/join-the-pta/