Thank you for a great Fun Run! We raised $12,819.25, plus a generous $7,500 donation from Viva Creative! $20,319.25 in total!! To celebrate, the student/staff basketball game will be on November 27th. Also, 18 classes will get to celebrate their achievements ont the 27th! Ms. Melissa will dye her hair blue for our basketball rematch and classroom parties. And the best part is that we worked together to raise money for so many field trips!
Family Musical Night – RMHS
Friday, Nov. 17 5:45-10:30—Family Musical Night w/Dinner at Twinbrook and a Musical Play,
Come join us for dinner at Twinbrook ES and a bus will be provided to Richard Montgomery HS to see their performance of ” The Addams Family”.
The next PTA meeting is November 6th at 7pm in the Media Center.
Partnership for Extraordinary Minds (xMinds) Event
Date: Saturday, November 9; 10am – noon
Location: Home of Board President Laura Gordon, Rockville, 20850
Cost: Free for xMinds members; $15 for non-members
Registration: Register at: https://xminds.org/event-3556452
Come share coffee and facilitated discussion with other parents of a child or adolescent new to a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). This small-group workshop, led by Caron Starobin, LCSW-C will provide parents with information, resources, and emotional support. In practice since 2000, Caron Starobin, LCSW-C is an individual, couples, family, and group therapist. She has vast experience working with families and individuals living with autism. You can read about her background and therapeutic approach here: https://www.starobincounseling.com/#aboutus
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
MCPS Mental Health Fair
Decoding Dyslexia Maryland
Decoding Dyslexia Maryland is a parent-led, grassroots movement driven by families concerned about reading instruction and interventions for all students including those with dyslexia. The Decoding Dyslexia Maryland Montgomery County group meets monthly. The next meeting will be on Thursday, November 14th, 7-9pm at at The Siena School (1300 Forest Glen Rd, Silver Spring, MD 20901). Questions? Please contact Kelly O’Keefe, email@example.com. For more information, visit https://www.decodingdyslexiamd.org/
Box Tops for Education
Box Tops for Education is now digital. Download the Box Tops for Education app onto your phone and select Twinbrook Elementary School. Then scan your store receipts to find participating products. The app will automatically credit the school’s Box Tops earnings online. There is no need to clip and send Box Tops to school, but you can still do so for now. Physical Box Top clips are being phased out of production, but may continue to be found on many products throughout the store. Visit https://www.boxtops4education.com/ for more information.
Pack 493 Holiday Carnival
MCPS Parent Academy
Registration is open for the fall session of the MCPS Parent Academy. These free workshops give parents useful tips and tools to support their children’s success in school. Go to https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/parentacademy/workshops.aspx for more information and to sign up!
Join the PTA
The number one reason to join the Twinbrook PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help our school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in our school.
- Tap into a Network: PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with the PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: The PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Click here to sign up today: https://twinbrookpta.org/join-the-pta/