It’s time for the TWINBROOK FUN RUN!
The Twinbrook Elementary School PTA sponsors this event each year to raise funds for ALL field trips for Grades K-5. We count on support from all parents, teachers, and students to make it a success. The Twinbrook Fun Run brings students, staff, and families together to have FUN and encourage healthy, active living.
During the Fun Run, the children will run around a track outside for 20-25 minutes. (Inside the Gym in inclement weather.) Twinbrook dad Ricky Davenport-Thomas will serve as deejay and emcee, spinning great music to keep everyone pumped up. We’ll need a big cheering section, so we hope to see many of you come to watch and volunteer! This event, from entertainment, decorations, and planning, relies entirely on Twinbrook parent volunteers. Details on volunteering will be available soon.
Our fundraising goal is $12,000!
Why $12,000? Each grade takes two field trips per year. Each field trip costs $500 – $1,000. We encourage each child to raise $50 or more in donations. That’s 5 friends donating $10 each or 10 friends donating $5 each.
Online Donations with The Get Movin’ Crew©
We have teamed up with Get Movin’ for our online donations. We welcome cash and check donations. Online donations through your child’s webpage are quicker, safer, and easier.
Follow these simple steps!
- Register your Child by visiting www.getmovinfundhub.com . It’s free, easy, and fast to register! For School Identifier use 5d308ac879364
- Email and/ or Text your child’s student fundraising webpage with 10-15 friends and family. It’s super easy!
- Post on Facebook or Twitter It’s two clicks of a button to post. The average parent has 300 FB friends. You’ll be surprised when donations come in from distant relatives/friends from HS/co-workers. Post and see what happens!
Fun Run Details
- Date: Friday, October 25, 2018. Please come to volunteer and cheer on the kids!
- We prefer online donations through your child’s fundraising page at www.getmovinfundhub.com
- Donations in cash & checks should be turned in to the school in your child’s folder. Clearly label the donations with your child’s full name and teacher.
- Please make checks payable to Twinbrook PTA and include the donor’s phone number.
Spirit Days during Fun Run Week!
Wed 10/23 – Pajama Day
Thurs 10/24 – Sports Day
Friday 10/25 – Blue & Gold Spiritwear Day
Contact Melissa Downs, Fun Run Chair / email@example.com or 301-325-3752
Individual Fundraising Rewards
All students are encouraged to reach (and exceed!) their individual fundraising goal of $50.00.
- Create a fundraising page for your child www.getmovinfundhub.com = color changing paw print pencil
- Any donation (in-school or online) = paw print clip-on bookmark
- For every $25, children will receive an Animal Stackerz Keychain. Collect all 12!
- Children raising $100 or more will win a paw print lanyard.
- Every child who brings in $200 and meets their Superstar goal will receive a squishy beaded stress ball.
- A handful of Grand Prizes will be awarded on 3 Fridays during the fundraising period and announced on the following Monday. Bring in a donation, get entered into the drawing. We will choose names from a hat to win the Grand Prizes. Grand Prizes include gift cards to local businesses, sports and theater tickets, games and more! If you would like to donate a Grand Prize, please contact Melissa Downs
Classroom Fundraising Rewards
Each classroom will also have a fundraising goal. When an individual classroom or an entire grade reaches their fundraising goal, the teachers & students get to choose a fun, memorable experience to share together.
Total School Fundraising Rewards
When the whole school works together as a team, everyone WINS!
If we reach our school fundraising goal of $12,000, there will be a rematch of the student vs. staff basketball game from last year!
Learn more about the Fun Run and see progress towards our school goal of $12,000 at: https://secure.eventsonline.us/reg/getmovincrew/pub/school/81
Twinbrook Fun Run Important Dates:
October 11, October 18, November 1 – Grand Prize Days (prizes announced the following Monday)
October 25 – Fun Run Day!
11 -11:25 a.m. Morning Pre-K and Head Start
1:20 -1:45 p.m. Afternoon Pre-K
2 – 2:40 p.m. Grades 3 – 5
3 – 3:40 p.m. Grades K – 2
T.E.A.M Together, Everyone, Achieves, More!
Visit http://www.twinbrookpta.org for a link to the Twinbrook Fun Run webpage.
Twinbrook Fun Run Committee
Melissa Downs, Erin Rupolo, Laura Steichen, Tony Downs