***Mark your calendars for the 2017 Fun Run on November 3!***
The Twinbrook Elementary School PTA sponsors this event each year to raise funds for ALL field trips for Grades K-5. We count on support from all parents, teachers, and students to make it a success. The Twinbrook Fun Run brings students, staff and families together to have FUN and encourage healthy, active living. This event is only possible with your help, so sign up today to volunteer!
During the Fun Run, the children will run around a track outside for 20-25 minutes. (Inside the Gym in inclement weather.) Twinbrook dad Ricky Davenport-Thomas will serve as deejay and emcee, spinning great music to keep everyone pumped up. We’ll need a big cheering section, so we hope to see many of you come to watch and volunteer! This event, from entertainment, decorations, and planning, relies entirely on Twinbrook parent volunteers.
Our fundraising goal is $10,000!
Why $10,000? Each grade takes two field trips per year. Each field trip costs $500 – $1,000.
We encourage each child to raise $50 or more in donations.
That’s 5 friends donating $10 each or 10 friends donating $5 each.
Online Donations with The Get Movin’ Crew©
We have teamed up with The Get Movin’ Crew for our online donations. We welcome cash and check donations. Online donations through your child’s webpage are quicker, safer, and easier.
Follow these simple steps!
- Register your child for our Fun Run by visiting thegetmovincrew.com (the website is formatted for smartphones, too). Click the star on the bottom right to Register Your Child.
- Use the student fundraising page to promote online pledge donations using the email and social media tools right on their page. It’s easy!
- Watch your child’s Pledge Meter blast to the top fast! Most credit/debit cards are accepted from anywhere in the world!
- Reach Pledge Superstar status by exceeding your goal and fireworks ignite on your page!
Community members are welcome to donate also. Make a donation towards our goal to provide free field trips for all K-5 students at: https://secure.eventsonline.us/reg/getmovincrew/pub/classroom/30036
Fun Run Details
- Date: Friday, November 3, 2017. Please come to volunteer and cheer on the kids!
- We prefer online donations through your child’s fundraising page at thegetmovincrew.com.
- Donations in cash & checks should be turned in to the school in your child’s backpack.
- Please make checks payable to Twinbrook PTA and include the donor’s phone number.
Individual Fundraising Rewards
All students are encouraged to reach (and exceed!) their individual fundraising goal of $50.00.
- Any student who registers online will receive an emoji bracelet.
- Students who bring in any donation get a paw print eraser.
- Any student bringing in $20 total in donations, will receive a Twinbrook water bottle.
- Bring in $50 total in donations and get a neon multicolored pen.
- Become a Superstar and bring in $100 and win a step counter.
- A handful of Grand Prizes will be awarded on 3 Fridays during the fundraising period. For every $20 raised per week, students will have a ticket placed in a hat. We will choose names from the hat to win the Grand Prizes. Grand Prizes include Twinbrook t-shirts and sweatshirts, gift cards to local businesses, sports and theater tickets, games and more! If you would like to donate a Grand Prize, please contact Melissa Downs.
Classroom Fundraising Rewards
Each classroom will also have a fundraising goal. When an individual classroom or an entire grade reaches their fundraising goal, the teachers & students get to choose a fun, memorable experience to share together.
Total School Fundraising Rewards
When the whole school works together as a team, everyone WINS!
If we reach our school fundraising goal of $10,000, Mrs. Johnson and Mrs. Farhi will be silly stringed in front of the whole school!
Learn more about the Fun Run and see progress towards our school goal of $10,000 at: https://secure.eventsonline.us/reg/getmovincrew/pub/school/81
October 20 – Fundraising Grand Prize Days
October 27 – Fundraising Grand Prize Days
November 1 – Pajama Day
November 2 – Silly Hat, Hair, Socks Day
November 4 – Fun Run Day / Blue & Gold Day
11 a.m. Morning Pre-K and Head Start
1:20 p.m. Afternoon Pre-K
2 – 2:40 p.m. Grades 3 – 5
3 – 3:40 p.m. Grades K – 2
November 10 – Fundraising Grand Prize Days
T.E.A.M Together, Everyone, Achieves, More!
Twinbrook Fun Run Committee
Melissa Downs, Fun Run Chair /email@example.com or 301-325-3752