Why should you join the PTA? Get the facts!
It’s good for your children!
- You are your child’s most important role model. By joining you show your child that you value their education.
- Research has shown that children whose parents are involved in their school get better results and have fewer disciplinary problems.
It’s good for you!
- At PTA meetings, you can raise concerns, suggest ideas and have input on how funds are spent.
- You will meet new people and make new friends.
- You can use your existing skills and hobbies to help out with school events.
- You will be in the know. You will find out what’s going on at the school and get to know the staff better.
It’s good for the school!
- Schools are becoming more dependent on PTA’s for fundraising to supplement school budgets.
- You will play an important role in helping the school acquire resources and reward children.
- Our fundraising supports:
- Programs/supplies not in the school budget, including field trips
- Evening events for families
- School yearbooks
- Books and websites used in the classroom
- School assemblies
Will joining the PTA require me to attend meetings and volunteer lots of hours?
No! We are all busy parents with jobs and responsibilities. We encourage you to attend PTA meetings and volunteer at events, but neither of those is required. Every PTA meeting features information about what’s happening at school and provides some fun, too. We hope you can volunteer however you can—being involved shows your children that school is important and connects you to the school community. You’re helping just by being a PTA member.
You can join the Twinbrook PTA online for the 2019-2020 school year. We now accept PayPal for online payment. Please check on the big blue and yellow buttons below to buy your membership!
- Please enter your child’s name in the “message to seller.” That will help us send home PTA info through your child’s folder.
- Please also enter the names of any additional adults at the same you are buying a membership for.
- Please send in a copy of the paper form as well in your child’s backpack with your confirmation number! PTA Membership Form (English) / PTA Membership Form (Spanish)
BASIC membership dues are $10 per person. Members join the PTA email group, receive a membership card and voting privileges!
PREMIUM membership dues are $25 per person. Members join the PTA email group, receive a membership card, voting privileges, a Rockville Rewards discount card and a Twinbrook Elementary reusable shopping bag!