School begins August 31! Welcome back. Meet our board:
- Jennifer Galmeijer, President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Roxana Joya, VP Membership (email@example.com)
- Sara Rivera, VP Fundraising (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jennifer Wood, Secretary (email@example.com)
- Vincent Russo, Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Colleen Reed, MCCPTA Delegate (email@example.com)
We are hoping to fill the following roles:
- Volunteer Coordinator: Manages volunteer forms, reports PTA volunteer hours to the school, and helps find volunteers for PTA events.
- MCCPTA Delegate Alternate: Switches off with the other MCCPTA rep to attend MCCPTA meetings. (MCCPTA is the county-wide group for all PTAs in the county.) Reports back to board. (This is a good role if you don’t have a lot of daytime flexibility because the meetings are at night).
- Latino Outreach Chair: Help with interpretation at meetings, translating flyers, and recruiting and welcoming Spanish-speaking members and volunteers.
We’ll also have plenty of other ways to help out, please stay tuned.
Here are a few upcoming dates to remember as the first day of school gets closer:
- August 26: Volunteers needed to help stuff homework folders with PTA forms and other information. 7pm in the media center–SSL hours are available for teens and middle schoolers. Please contact Jennifer Galmeijer if you can help.
- August 27: Back to school open house events. Look for our PTA table for info on volunteering and membership.
- August 29: Special PTA back-to-school party at the Twinbrook Pool, 1-4pm.
- August 31: First day of school!