It’s time for the Twinbrook Fun Run! Thanks to special guest Ritchie the Rocket from Richard Montgomery at the kick off ceremony. We count on support from all parents, teachers, and students to make it a success. The Twinbrook Fun Run brings students, staff and families together to have FUN and encourage healthy, active living.
Our fundraising goal is $12,000. Why $12,000? We raise funds to cover two field trips per grade. Each field trip costs $1,000 on average.
On Fun Run Day, November 6, the schedule is:
11 a.m. Morning Pre-K and Head Start
1:20 p.m. Afternoon Pre-K
2 – 2:40 p.m. Grades K – 2
3 – 3:40 p.m. Grades 3 – 5
Spirit Days during Fun Run Week!
- Wed 11/4 – Pajama Day
- Thurs 11/5 – Silly Hat, Hair, Sock Day
- Friday 11/6 – Blue & Gold Spiritwear Day
The Twinbrook Fun Run focuses on teamwork to reach our goals, sharing memorable experiences together, and staying active. During the Fun Run, the children will run around a track outside for 20-25 minutes. (Inside the Gym in inclement weather.) Twinbrook dad Ricky Davenport-Thomas will serve as deejay and emcee, spinning great music to keep everyone pumped up.
We’ll need a big cheering section, so we hope to see many of you come to watch and volunteer! This event, from entertainment, decorations, and planning, relies entirely on Twinbrook parent volunteers. Please sign up to help here!
We encourage each child to raise $50 or more in donations. That’s 5 friends donating $10 each or 10 friends donating $5 each!
We are partnering with The Get Movin’ Crew to help us with online fundraising. See our progress at https://secure.eventsonline.us/reg/getmovincrew/pub/school/81
Please take a moment to create your child’s fundraising page. This is a safe, secure, and easy way to donate.
- Register your child for our Fun Run by visiting www.thegetmovincrew.com (the website is formatted for smartphones, too). Click the star on the bottom right to Register Your Child.
- Be sure to share with friends and family! Use the student fundraising page to promote online pledge donations using the email and social media tools right on their page. It’s easy!
- Watch your child’s Pledge Meter blast to the top fast! Most credit/debit cards are accepted from anywhere in the world.
- Reach Pledge Superstar status by exceeding your goal and fireworks ignite on your page!
We also welcome check and cash donations: Please send to school with your child. Please make sure checks have phone numbers and are made out to Twinbrook ES PTA.
Individual Fundraising Rewards
All students are encouraged to reach (and exceed!) their individual fundraising goal of $50.00.
- If you create a fundraising page for your child at thegetmovincrew.com = backpack charm
- Any donation (in-school or online) = Paw Print mechanical pencil
- Children raising $20 or more in a week will win a prize. Fridays are prize days!
- Prizes include fun school supplies, paw print water bottles, key chains, Twinbrook frisbees, Twinbrook t-shirts and sweatshirts, gift cards to local businesses, games and more!
Classroom Fundraising Rewards
Each classroom will also have a fundraising goal. When an individual classroom or an entire grade reaches their fundraising goal, the teachers and students get to choose a fun, memorable experience to share together. For example:
• Help the teacher(s) dye their hair in front of the students.
• Have a silly string party.
• Have a popcorn party or extra recess.
Total School Fundraising Rewards
When the whole school works together as a team, everyone WINS!
If we reach our school fundraising goal of $12,000, Mrs. Johnson will throw a whipped cream pie into Dr. Alonso’s face in front of the whole school!
Please help us make this Fun Run a success!