– This month’s re-scheduled PTA Board meeting has been planned for Tuesday, March 11 at 7:00 pm. Please come and learn about upcoming events.
– We need volunteers for the nominating committee. This committee identifies people who are willing to serve on next year’s PTA Board. If you’re interested, contact Stephanie Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Are you interested in serving on the PTA Board? For example, does sending out the Newsflash and taking meeting minutes interest you? Secretary would be a great position for you! Again, contact Stephanie Diaz at email@example.com for more info.
– Pizza and fun games are planned for this Thursday, March 13 from 3-9 pm at our Chuck E. Cheese restaurant night. This event benefits 5th grade end-of-the-year activities.
– School Year May Be Extended Due to Snow Days: As of now, Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) has had nine snow days this school year. The 2013-2014 school calendar, as approved by the Board of Education, has four snow days built in, so MCPS is five days over its allotted number of snow days. In order to meet the state-required 180 days of instruction, MCPS will need to add five instructional days to the end of the school year, as outlined in the Board-approved calendar. There are no plans to change spring break at this time. MCPS can apply for a waiver from the state so that we would not have to make up all of the snow days, but the state is not yet accepting these requests. Without a state waiver, the last day of school for students will be June 19, 2014. Parents are asked to plan accordingly. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.
– The 2014 RMHS Mulch Sale is here!! Richard Montgomery High School will hold its annual Mulch Sale on Saturday, March 29th, from 8 am – 8 pm. This is the Boosters’ biggest fundraiser and helps to fund activities for all students (not just sports), including a very generous contribution to Post Prom. To pull off an event this big lots of volunteers are needed to help drive big trucks, provide pickup trucks for smaller deliveries, shuttle students to and from deliveries, and to donate drinks and snacks for the day. Students will be distributing flyers throughout the RM cluster the weekend of March 8th. To volunteer, visit http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0F4FA8AC2EA75-rmhs. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.